At the heart of Open Banking
Building a new brand to tell a story of expertise, a vocation for innovation, forever dedicated to the support of advanced banking systems, with clarity, simplicity and flexibility.
Centrico was born from the experience and entrepreneurial vision of Sella Group in order to widen its horizons by providing unique core and digital banking solutions, and a wide range of Information Technology and Business Process Outsourcing services both to companies within the Group, and to banks, fintech companies and other financial players.
How can all the skills of 130 years’ history be described clearly and uniquely? How can a new structure based on an approach of innovation and technological services be given expression? How can a language be constructed so that it is recognisable, but also very easy to expound?
To answer these questions, in first place a name had to be given to this new structure. We considered that the word Centrico was an interesting solution, for a number of reasons:
- it is an Italian word, which therefore highlights the links with the history of Gruppo Sella, but at the same time it can be understood by everyone;
- it is a simple name, easy to remember, and it underlines the brand’s role at the heart of banking systems: Centrico is the IT infrastructure on which financial services for individuals and companies can be constructed;
- in a single word, it expresses the essence of a structure created to propel technological development, keeping customer requirements at the focus of attention.
The definition of the trademark is also derived from these simple design guidelines: the Centrico logo is typographical, evoking the concepts of openness and dynamism by means of the use of three punctuation marks, the bracket on the left, the slash at the centre and the colon on the right. A journey that is still in its initial stages, and that will be written together with the customer.
Once the name had been defined, we went on to develop the brand identity, starting from a simple, evocative point of reference: programming language. An ideal solution for an operation hallmarked by its dedication, expertise and constant attention to its customers.
A recognisable visual language, easy to use because it is constructed from a small number of elements, which are very simple to handle:
- the use of a monospaced font, typical of programming languages;
- the use of punctuation marks, spacing and alignment defining syntax;
- a limited colour palette that uses a dark background as yet another reference to the world of coding.
Centrico is Gruppo Sella’s international open ICT solutions provider. Benefiting from the expertise and experience of over 1,250 professionals located all over Italy, and two global in-house centres in India and Romania, it supplies IT and BPO services, right through to full outsourcing, based on state-of-the-art IT solutions for the banking and finance sector.